The Gayundah is fitted with a fighting top and a gun can be seen protruding from the front section. The Paluma first arrived in Brisbane on 6 May 1885.
The Queensland gunboats Paluma (left) and Gayundah (right) are lying at anchor in the river.
The view is looking towards the city with the mountains in the background. Parliament House is behind the Botanic Gardens on the left.